S4 VISUAL ARTS Assessment Guides
334 ASSESSMENT (270 hours)
| || |
I. Public examination
Choose either Paper 1 or Paper 2.
Paper 1 – Visual presentation of a theme
Paper 2 – Design
In each Paper, candidates are required to attempt BOTH of the following sections:
(a) Written presentation on critical appreciation of reproductions of artwork provided (10%), and
(b) Art making (40%)
| || |
Submit TWO portfolios consisting of:
(1) Research workbook (Presentations on art appreciation and criticism in context in relation to art making/critical studies, and research process)(20%); and
(2) Artwork/Critical studies (Three pieces of work in each portfolio) of a theme (30%)
| || |
All through the course of learning, students should be engaged in the following activities:
(1) Building up and keeping their visual journal;
(2) Participating in research : searching, selecting and compiling materials for broad / in-depth
I. Gathering information, develop ideas and apply them to their own work;
II. Understanding the importance of planning and sequential development of ideas;
III.Learn from masterpieces the ways to express in relation to their origin, cultural background, personal inclinations etc.
(3) Participating in interactive dialogue;
(4) Developing personal views and concepts;
(5) Experimenting with ides, media and techniques;
(6) Reflecting on and adjusting their own learning.
l For each portfolio, students are encourage to:
(1) Discuss in groups and discuss with the teacher on proposed ideas,
(2) Show the idea development with reference books and pictures
(3) Show the process of thinking in used of Mind-Map
(4) Study the style and characteristics of the artwork of the famous artists
(5) Evaluate the process and the final artwork in groups before hand in to the teacher.